Site Network: Debate This, Ole Miss. | the j-department | debate.olemiss.edu | mblog | mcast | the university of mississippi

True South Went Red

If you go on CNN.com you can look at a nifty little map of which way what state went in the Presidential election. I have to admit I laughed to see that the what I call true South went red...all of them...save North Carolina and Virginia every Southern state that I would call truly southern went red... why?? Now geographically Florida is in the south but the similarities stop there. When Hawaiian print is more prevalent than camo I hate to tell you your not in the South anymore. I love Florida just as much as anyone with tan lines but no way you can call it southern. Voting patterns are distinct around the country and the true test of the whole election will be if president elect Barack Obama can turn a red and blue speckled country into one united purple one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment