Site Network: Debate This, Ole Miss. | the j-department | debate.olemiss.edu | mblog | mcast | the university of mississippi

I Can't Vote...

Well I officially feel like a hypocrite. After encouraging everyone to go out and vote in a blog just two days ago, I discovered that my application for an absentee ballot did not get in on time. A representative from my home county's election commission called me up Saturday afternoon and informed me that she had just received my request (eight, yes EIGHT days after I mailed it) and that I had missed the deadline by two days. I really almost cried.
I called my parents to discuss if driving home (four hours to Nashville) on election day to vote would be a good idea, and they've asked me not to. Tennessee is supposed to go to McCain hands-down so my vote probably would not have made a difference, but I'm still bummed I'm not going to be able to participate in my first election. For those of you who had the opportunity or still do, please go out and vote. Every vote counts and makes a difference in my book. This class has allowed me to become much more involved and knowledgeable about politics and I truly appreciate it. I'm waiting with bated breath for the outcome...

0 comments:

Post a Comment