Site Network: Debate This, Ole Miss. | the j-department | debate.olemiss.edu | mblog | mcast | the university of mississippi

Uh oh...

I was just listening to a results news report on the radio. It MIGHT have been Bill O'Reilly, judging from his voice and the ridiculous stuff he was saying. But enough about him--I could go on for hours--he was taking calls from people about voting problems they had experienced. I'm curious to know if anyone has heard about problems, possibly some sort of messed up machines, in Virginia? Not trying to get the rumor mill started, but a woman from VA called in to say that a bunch of machines had failed and votes might not be counted. So far I haven't been able to find anything on it on the internet.

1 comments:

At November 6, 2008 at 8:58 AM Hannah Menefee said...

I heard that in Palm Beach County, FL, the ballot was difficult to understand because there were two rectangles next to each other and to cast your vote you had to shade the region between them. Even as an educated person, it would not be my first inclination to shade between two independent boxes. I would have shaded one of the boxes, or both for good measure. If you shaded, circled or checked the boxes, it was considered wrong and you ballot was separated for later "review". Why can't they get it right in Florida. Just put an oval and let people bubble it in.

 

Post a Comment