Site Network: Debate This, Ole Miss. | the j-department | debate.olemiss.edu | mblog | mcast | the university of mississippi

too much

Following the election I have found people's reactions to the results very comical, especially the reactions of Ole Miss students. I can't say I'm surprised at their discontent being that it was obvious who the majority favored but the extremes they were going to is a bit far. The night the results came in many students decided to publish their thoughts on facebook and I spent the most of the night in awe of what they had the nerve to write. I don't think it is ethical for me to site specific examples but I will say there were several inappropriate references to race, social classes, and religion. All I can say is it is sad how misinformed and classless people can be, especially here in the south. My favorite had to be all the references to Obama as the anti-Christ. Yes, I have heard all the "compelling" arguments as to why people feel this way and my only response to this is that if you are a Christian you should be ecstatic if this is true because all that means is Jesus is coming soon. 

Now, a week later people are still posting how they disapprove of the current situation and I'm thinking it's about time they get over it. It is what it is and I'm sorry but it is not going to change anytime soon. However, I can personally say I am excited to see what the future has to offer! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment