Site Network: Debate This, Ole Miss. | the j-department | debate.olemiss.edu | mblog | mcast | the university of mississippi

You Stay Classy, America

Well this has been one heck of a ride. I remember when I first heard about this internship from one of my other friends in journalism. I could feel that this would be an opportunity worth being a part of.

The class itself was the one class I truly enjoyed every week. It and this blog have helped to propel me into the political world and have increased my awareness beyond what it ever could have been. Once more, I graciously thank Dr. Husni and the university for the opportunity to be apart of this debate and to work for NBC. That for me, was a dream come true.

To quote Dr. Husni: "The people outside these walls may not remember this moment years later, but the people here today will never forget."

It was a historic event for Ole Miss and last night was a historic moment for not only our nation, but the world. It was amazing to see so many scenes of rejoice from countries across the globe. It was touching. I even made a point to get a copy of USA TODAY and the DM as keepsakes.

Both candidates, John McCain and Barack Obama have been outstanding in their strides over the past few months. And I greatly respect McCain’s support and good will to Obama’s election. As President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden now prepare for a difficult future ahead, I pray that they find the right path to lead us. I believe in a brighter future and I believe that with God's help, Obama can guide the way.

But it is not just up to Obama to do so. This is our nation and together we can bring change and heal our wounds. Together we will find that path through faith, strength and wisdom. The future is for us to decide.

Thank you for your time and you stay classy America.

Andrew M. Scott

0 comments:

Post a Comment