Site Network: Debate This, Ole Miss. | the j-department | debate.olemiss.edu | mblog | mcast | the university of mississippi

I was reading my home newspaper, The Tennessean, this morning and stumbled across an article about getting to know people in the voting line around you, since you're going to be spending quality time together for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. The polls are open for another few hours here, so I thought I would share for those of you casting your vote at the last minute...

WHAT NOT TO TALK ABOUT

-Politics of any kind
-Religion of any kind
-College football of any kind
-Social causes of any kind (do not ask for donations)
-Details of your medical operation (even if you are feeling great now)
-Any house you're trying to sell — actually, anything you're trying to sell
-Movies such as W
-CNN vs. Fox News
-Joe the Plumber
-Stock market
-Tina Fey
-Oprah's politics

WHAT TO TALK ABOUT
-Local weather
-Allergies caused by local weather
-Work in general
-Gas prices
-Cooking and food prices
-Your children/grandchildren (with pictures)
-Your pets (with pictures)
-Oprah's books

I edited the list down, trust me, some of it was for your own good. Try not to instigate a heated argument and get kicked out of the voting stations at the last minute. I'm sure the rest of you will be up all night waiting for the results as well. I can't wait for my last blog... Here's a hint, it's going to be about the new president!

0 comments:

Post a Comment