Site Network: Debate This, Ole Miss. | the j-department | debate.olemiss.edu | mblog | mcast | the university of mississippi

On a mid-morning Friday, I received my first absentee ballott. To some it might not be a landmark occassion, but for me it's my first time to vote for the president of the United States. While opening my stuffed envelope, I realized that my one vote can possibly help pull our country out of it's rutt. It's a pretty cool feeling to know that your single vote can shape and affect our country's doubtful future

Getting back to the ballott, for those of you who have never seen one, your not missing much. It's an orange color and is made out of thick paper. The envelope it's in is stuffed with a handful of papers like "How To" directions, forms and mailing envelopes. The ballott lists a slew of candidates from all parties, including former Green party candidate and now Independent pick Ralph Nader.

It also lists U.S. Senate candidates Roger Wicker and Ronnie Musgrove, an area I need to do a smidge more research on. Bottom line, Musgrove didn't do so hot when he was governor of the state of Mississippi, so why is he good nominee for Congress?

0 comments:

Post a Comment