Site Network: Debate This, Ole Miss. | the j-department | debate.olemiss.edu | mblog | mcast | the university of mississippi

and STILL I cannot seem to truly take a position for or against either one of the presidential candidates. It's not that I am ill-informed, and it's not that I am apathetic, it is just that I truly cannot decide WHO is the lesser of two evils, or the better of two seemingly mediocre men. In the past, I have been very passionate about a certain candidate, and with these two, I just cannot muster the enthusiasm! In the 2004 election, I was in love with the Kerry/Edwards duo and everything that they stood for, and would gladly debate any Bush supporter for hours about the superiority of these two men. Now, four years later, my opinion of John Edwards has been completely flushed down the toilet, and I think my trust issues over the fact that a presidential hopeful whom I deeply admired and respected did something that I found completely despicable and out of character is profoundly affecting my ability to commit to a candidate in such a way again, especially  two who I didn't trust entirely to begin with. 

Here's to hoping that the first debate that we all actually get to experience (whoo!) will help to sway me one way or another. THAT is something I can get excited about!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment